Sunday 4 September 2016

THANK YOU

Thank you all from the very bottom of my heart. The love and support that everyone showed is absolutely phenomenal. Our little pawty was bigger and better than I could ever have dreamed and that was on Labour day weekend in North America!

We shared stories, drank, danced and sang in a rousing send off that the angels couldn't match. Most importantly, we raised a great deal of money to help other German Shepherds find a home. That cause has always been important to Troll and I. German Shepherds are difficult to re-home because of their size and reputation. 

If you ever get the opportunity to share your life with a GSD, I suggest that you take it. Their combination of noble spirit and gentleness means that they can learn to get along with any animal or size of human. I just wish that humans could learn to do the same. 

Thank you to my good friends Shayna, Moo, Truman and Winston for their friendship and kindness in stepping up to volunteer their services as barktenders and DJ's. A special shout out also goes to Penny and Tippy for their work in promoting the party on short notice. 

I guess all that's left to say is Wasn't That A Pawty!


So long for now. Thank you all for the wonderful send off.
Lots of love 
Lucky

6 comments:

  1. Somehow I never saw a tweet about this event. I guess that @oliviackcs and I are following too many people. I was so very saddened, however, when I heard of your loss. I have a very big spot in my heart for GSDs as my best friend in high school had two of them. They were truly wonderful and since my friend lived on a farm I discovered that Dutchie and Queenie were far better mousers than any cat. I'm on an iPad Mini at the moment but when I get on a full computer in the next couple of days we will also help the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Scott and Olivia. Your friendship meant a great deal to the both of us. Thank you so much for sharing the story of your friend's GSDs Also thank you for taking time to donate to a wonderful cause. - Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky, sweetie, I'm so sorry I missed your pawty. To be honest about it, my crazy, old human totally forgot about it. She didn't write it down on her calendar, so she never remembered. Know that we love you still and will always remember how much fun you were at Nipclub. Those were some crazy times with you Lucky. SMOOCH! WHOOPS, just couldn't help myself Lucky. You are so cute and I know you are the prettiest angel around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mario. We know that you would have been there if you could.

      Delete
  4. As always, it was pawsome to pawty with you Lucky and send you off to the Bridge with a Big Bang. We know you are running free, sleeping in rainbows and frolicking on cloud tops ... and we will meet properly one fine day. Until then, you are in our hearts and memories. Soar with the angels, gawjus girl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tom it was a great party and it did a lot of good, so that makes it an even better party

      Delete